Sunday, November 23, 2008

Where It All Began....








It all beagn in the year of 2006, month of September when my nana, my mother and I travelled to samoa for her uncles funeral. It was a very sad time for the family and I managed to get a week off...not much time to party if u tell me. Anyways all was well. After the family service, we had the burial...it was major hot and sunny and I could hear mosquitos buzzing in the mist. Church was the very next day and as I walked in to the chapel a guy's sideburns caught my sight. I didnt pay any attention and followed to my seat.


After the service, this young man and his father together with 20 other young passengers offered to drop us off home, as my cousin was running late. I didnt agree, but it was hot...so why not right?... we rode in the back of this random pick up...my uncle sat behind me and was trying to be funny commented " Hey Tafa, Your eternal companian is right here and patted faaao on the shoulder... I almost died! I didnt really take notice so I just tried to brush his comment off...


It wasnt until I got home, that my aunties and uncles where all trying to be match makers. I neer pictured myself with a samoan so I told them it would never happen, and that I was to return to my current boyfriend in sydney and focussed on my career.Not realising later on that faaa's parentals (dad esp) were trying to hook us up big time...so anyways I flew back to home and mum stayed for a couple more weeks. This time she really was determined to get to know this young man everyone was going on about.


They had met up frequent times for lunch, they met at firesides and dances. In the mean time, I had no idea my mum was getiing the 411 on this bloke. She called and insisted that I talk to faaao and get to know him a little more. Mother wasnt a fan of my current boyfriend and she thought he was demanding and a gangster and so on and so forth.


Anyways we chattered and nothing happen but there was something about him that really got to me... not sure but I had a very good feeling about this guy. I have to be honest, I looked down on him big time..not sure why...but he was nice. He had an accent but at least he could speak english right...lol...

Anyways our phone calls were weekly, daily and all of a sudden it was every minute...lmao txt messages were his fav as creadit was very expensive. I would buy phone cards to call him, and if I didnt have any credit I would top up my dad's mobile...


not long after my mother and I planned for my 21st to be held in America. It didnt go to plan so mother and I decided to spend it in samoa as my mother was in the middle of addopting my uncles baby. She had to sign and finalise the legal adoption. I didnt complain... as I travel to samoa every yea it wasnt new to me.


Anyways we arrive in samoa on the 15th and guess to picks us up??? yep you guessed it FAAAO...he looked very exhausted and nervous. We became very aquainted with each other spent every day together. Faaao worked so he came over everyday after work and drove us around. He was so sweet to me...we did everything together and went everywhere. it was an amazing experience as I had never had an overseas boyfriend.


On the 17th of November, we celebrated my party at Treasure Garden in town. It was fun. wished my family in oz were there to celbrate it with me. Anyways this is where it gets better. They turned the time to faao to say a few words and a toast. He got down on his knee and proposed with a diamond ring...I was speechless I just nodded and said YES!. he was looking very scared as to what my reaction was, but after my I-DO he was relieved.


Anyways so I came back after a few weeks leaving my now so called fiance behind. I worked and started to save for the wedding of the year.It was the first wedding for my family so of coarse my mum and dad wanted it big. We had x-mas and new years and that was 2006 gone.

No comments: